Welcome to on-line registration for the Oklahoma Native American Youth Language Fair.
We are happy to have registration online
. We believe that this will make it easier and faster for you to register your students and performances for the Fair. But like all new things, it may take a little bit to get used to, and it is slightly different from the paper forms. The overview should give you an orientation of the process.
Overview – Please Read before Entering Registration
You will be asked to create an account (user name and password) first thing. Please write down your user name and password! The online registration is set up to register live performances (spoken language, song with language, poetry reading) and pre-judged submissions (poster art, books, poetry…). You will be entering your PERFORMANCES.
For each performance, you will enter a PROGRAM. The program may be your school, your school class name, your community class/project name, your family name for those learning at home, and so on. Once you enter the name of your program for one performance, you can just choose that program again for all the rest of your performances. So, you only have to enter the name of the program one time. Teachers who have multiple programs, can choose between all their programs for any performance.
For each performance, you will also enter the names of the STUDENTS (their grade levels, their hometowns, and their t-shirt sizes). Again, once you have entered the name of a student, it will appear for you to choose from in any other performances you enter. So, you only need to enter a student one time, even if he/she will be in multiple performances.
For each program, you will have one
LEAD INSTRUCTOR. The lead instructor is the person who we can contact for any questions we have about your registration. The lead instructor is also the only person who may pick up t-shirts and pre-judged submissions
. This person may be a teacher, administrator, or family member. For larger programs, you will have the opportunity to list individual teachers or elders who help with the classes under instructors, but there can be only one lead instructor for each program. If a large program wants each teacher to be the lead instructor for their own performances, you should make a separate account for each of these teachers.
When you are finished entering a performance, you will have three options:
- SUBMIT When you are completely finished with a performance, you can hit Submit. This will register this performance with us. Once you submit a performance, you will have to ask us in order to make any further changes. You can see the status of your performances on your home page. Remember, you will submit each performance individually, not all your performances as one batch.
- HOME If you are not finished with a performance, but want to begin working on a new one, you can hit Save and Return. This will take you back to where you can 1) see all the performances and their statuses, and 2) begin new performances.
- LOG OUT If you are not finished, but need to quit working on registration, you can logout. When you come back, you will be asked to enter your username and password. You will immediately be at your home, where you can check the status of each performance or begin a new one.
- All performances and submissions must be registered by Monday, March 11.
- Pre-judged submissions must be at the museum by Friday, March 15. Please check each category for specific submission instructions.
- Late registrations, late submissions, or walk-on presentations will only be allowed if there is time or space open in that category. Students will not be eligible for 1st through 3rd places, and they will not receive a t-shirt.
- Begin registration early! As this is a new process, you do not want to wait until the last minute. You can enter and leave registration without losing your work. Once you are finished with a performance, please submit it. This will give us ore time to check it.
If you are an elder teacher not comfortable with computers, please call us at 405-325-7588. You can still register! Or, if you know of an elder teacher who would like to have her/his students attend but is not comfortable on the web, please contact us. We will make sure everyone gets registered.
For questions during registration, please call 405-325-7588 or email us at email@example.com. Please let us know the nature of your question, contact information, and when is a good time to reach you by phone. We do not have full time staff to always be at the phone, so we will get back with you as soon as possible.
If you have technical questions about how to use the registration form, please contact us at:
Click Here to begin your registration.